Tuesday, September 2

Abortion, Biblical or not? Abortion in the Election!

I asked a friend of mine to write a little something concerning the issue of Abortion in this Presidential Election and I honestly have to say that I agree with 99% of what he wrote (the 1% is essentially semantics, LOL) but seriously please read this article. These are 2 major issues, and I would also include same sex marriage, that the Bible is so clear about, and as Christians we need to vote with our Bible and not our feelings!

Here is Thomas Zukoski's Article:

In this years Election there is a strong theme being played and it is the subject of abortion. You are either Pro Life or Pro Choice. As a Christian we have to hold a standard in voting by the Bible, Gods Word. We must take a Biblical approach in voting. God said in John 10: 10a-" I have come to give Life". God gives life.

In this election there will be three seats up for grabs in the highest court. If a pro choice President gets elected he will put in place three judges that are pro-choice and will over turn Roe versus Wade. So this election is not about Iraq or oil, money but it is about this issue.

Barack Obama says he is a Christian yet he votes pro-choice. There was a vote on late term abortions and he voted babies must be put to death who live during a late term abortions. A late term abortion can be 6 to 8 months in a woman's pregnancy, and a full term pregnancy is 9 months. He was the only Senator to argue this subject about these babies must not live because they were aborted. He spinned his comments recently but these are the facts.

Here is the next issue at hand.
Many black CHURCHES (emphasis on Churches) are voting for Barack Obama. (Please don't perceive as a race issue for me, I'm just pointing out the facts.) They're supporting their culture and race versus issues at hand. He is a first term junior Senator with no experience. He is a well spoken person and gives very good speeches but the media is the tank for him. Nobody knows his issues or where he stands. He was voted the most liberal senator in the Senate. He has become a television icon and the CHURCH is getting sucked into his MTV fame.
Now back to issue people of color are voting in regards to there culture and not realizing the importance of this election in regards to being pro-choice.
As a Christian we must vote from a Biblical perspective. There are many well known gospel artist in the bag for Obama. Needless to say there voting by skin color and there not voting according to Gods Word. Is this where the shift happens where people are deceived. I am not a racist in anyway. I think the enemy uses color to divide us where color is Gods beauty. As well every vote counts and you must vote how God expects us to vote.
I am a minister and I will not tell people how to vote but if we vote for a candidate that's pro-choice we support and play a part in those babies being killed?
When I was 16 I got a girl pregnant and she had an abortion and till this day it haunts me.
I am not condemning you if you had an abortion in the past. But now that you live for God you must take this stand. I question peoples faith if they vote pro-choice.
-Do they know Jesus?
-Do they have a prayer life?
-Do they read or even know the Bible?
-What does God say regarding this?

Jesus embraced Children even when others refuse them to come near Him, He rebuked them and hugged the kids and warned them to become like Children in regards to there faith.
Right now you can get sucked in by the mainstream media or television or a music artist. But everyone will have to answer to God.

This vote is not about culture but about Life.
Tommy Zukoski
---End of Article---

I gotta say AMEN!!

C'ya

Scroll down to Friday August 15 posting or click here>> This is one of the main reasons Obama isnt getting my vote! Im Adamant about this!!

Thats real stuff!

2 comments:

The Highwaychild said...

"Be careful. Be watchful."

My name is Tishin. I have just recently celebrated my 10 anniversary as a born again Christian and I am thankful for the life God has planned for me. I have worked in the media for the last fourteen years and I think I can say that I understand first hand how the enemy uses the media. I will also add that when you post something on a blog, or put up a website, or produce an album, or anything that reaches the masses you must accept that you are now part of the media and posting a public post without presenting "the facts" is part of that same brainwashing we accuse "the media” of perpetrating. Let me get to the point.
When I read this article many things struck me. I will not defend or attack Obama in this blog. What I will address is the way in which this article was presented. This is a public blog subject to public scrutiny and rebuke . I’ve worked in television and film for the last fourteen years and my ministry is in the media. I believe that as a Christian you must strive to be responsible, professional, truthful, scholarly, accurate, loving and divinely inspired when ministering on a public medium. I believe that while the writer of the article, "Abortion, Biblical or not? Abortion in the Election!", may be sincere; while he may love Jesus and may be used by God and have a great testimony, this article has many problems. I will list some of them briefly and then address some of the problems specifically:

1: This article sets up a "straw man argument". What this means is, there are two opposing sides. The one presenting his case (the writer; Tommy Zukoski)
inaccurately, falsely and/or unfairly, presents his or her opponent's (Obama, The Black Church, etc.) case.

2: In some instances general scriptures are used to address specific issues. The scriptures used should be ones that specifically address the heart of the issue.

3: This article infers that you are not a Christian if you are pro choice. Personally, I am pro life, but voting pro life doesn't qualify me to have my name written in the Lambs book of life. You know why I voted for Bush in his first term? Because he was pro life and said he was a Christian. I didn't vote for Kerry or Gore because they were pro choice or undecided. Look at what happened.

4: There are no footnotes. Where did you get these so called facts? They may or may not be facts, but if you are going to present them as such then you need to be responsible and provide sources. Don't expect people to believe you just because you say they are facts. If we are going to make an impact for the kingdom then we must also write professionally and responsibly.

5: In this article you attack the black community and then blame racism on the enemy?!

6: Not a biggie. Maybe you were tired, but this article is full of grammatical and spelling errors. Hey, I’m tired now myself.

Let me continue by responding to specific quotes.

Zukoski wrote:
"As a Christian we have to hold a standard in voting by the Bible, Gods Word. We must take a Biblical approach in voting. God said in John 10: 10a-" I have come to give Life". God gives life."

The first two sentences are true but then you follow it with a scripture that has nothing to do with the previous statements.

Zukoski wrote:

"So this election is not about Iraq or oil, money but it is about this issue."

This is not an accurate statement. This election is about Iraq, money and oil. It is also about abortion. It’s about a lot of things.

Zukoski wrote:

"Barack Obama says he is a Christian yet he votes pro-choice."

This is a weighted statement and deserves more attention. Briefly I will ask, “is Obama going to hell for voting pro choice?” Iraq is a life and death issue also. The choices made there will cost lives. The oil factor adds a conflict of interest. There are many other issues in question. Why is abortion the only one that counts?

Zukoski wrote:

"He spinned his comments recently but these are the facts."

What facts? Show me some proof. What are your sources?

Zukoski wrote:

“Here is the next issue at hand. Many black CHURCHES (emphasis on Churches) are voting for Barack Obama. (Please don't perceive as a race issue for me, I'm just pointing out the facts.)”

Again, what facts? Did you read a poll? Who did this poll? What demographic was surveyed in the poll? Why should I believe this statement?

Zukoski wrote:

“They're supporting their culture and race versus issues at hand.”

How can you make such a general statement about such a large group of people? I'm sorry, but that's a racist comment. Own up to it and repent. Repent brother!

Zukoski wrote:
“He is a first term junior Senator with no experience.”

I agree.

“He is a well spoken person and gives very good speeches but the media is the tank for him. “

I agree…I think. What does, "the media is the tank for him mean"?

Zukoski wrote:

“Nobody knows his issues or where he stands.”

Absolutely false! Haven't you heard a single speech by Obama? We know where he stands on Iran, Iraq, abortion, health care, etc., etc... We know where he stands on a lot of issues. I may not agree with him and we may not know where he stands on some things, but you can't say, "Nobody knows his issues or where he stands." Just go to any candidate’s website to find out where they stand on issues. Copy and paste the info onto your computer. Check back later to see if they have changed their position.

Zukoski wrote:

“He was voted the most liberal senator in the Senate.”

By who? And what does that mean? What do you think about how liberal or conservative he is?

Zukoski wrote:

He has become a television icon and the CHURCH is getting sucked into his MTV fame.”

Be careful what you say about the church. Elijah said something very similar to this and God rebuked him and told him he had seven thousand others.

Zukoski wrote:

“Now back to issue people of color are voting in regards to there culture and not realizing the importance of this election in regards to being pro-choice. As a Christian we must vote from a Biblical perspective. There are many well known gospel artist in the bag for Obama. Needless to say there voting by skin color and there not voting according to Gods Word.”

Again, a general statement about a large group of people of color.


Zukoski wrote:

"...if we vote for a candidate that's pro-choice we support and play a part in those babies being killed?...When I was 16 I got a girl pregnant and she had an abortion and till this day it haunts me. I am not condemning you if you had an abortion in the past….But now that you live for God you must take this stand. I question peoples faith if they vote pro-choice.”

I don't know about questioning someone's faith. I can question a false gospel. I can test the spirits. I can question false prophecies. But, if someone votes pro choice then that's between him and God. If you have an abortion for a no good reason then that's between you and God. Will God deny you entrance into the Kingdom if you have an abortion? You had one. Then you got saved. Now, you get to be in the Kingdom. Leave room for God's grace. Godly sorrow brings repentance.

The Highwaychild
www.thehighwaychild.com
tishin@thehighwaychild.com

Tommy said...

What I wrote were facts. I did not provide sources. And maybe thats something I should of done. I do question a persons relationship with God if they vote pro choice.But who am I in that regard. It was a question? The reason is because God gives life. As well I am not saying there name is taken of the Lams book of Life. I believe in the doctrines of Grace.
From this point I will not defend myself. These are facts in regard to Obama and obesverations with many polls that I studied before writing this. If it came off harsh it was not meant in that way. As well the church has to come together regarding these issues.
Gods grace is awesome. I belive for John Mccain and Barrack Obama that Gods grace will impact there lives. Thank you for your points but I disagree and in no way I am saying you have to agree with me.
We shall see come November if my points are taken by people like you and me. I am not the judge or the jury. Just a brother who loves Jesus, God Bless you, Tommy

Back to the top